Our Laser

The SCHWIND AMARIS

At the Australian Institute of Eye Surgery we utilize the most advanced Excimer  Laser  Surgery Technology. In  2011 we installed the Award winning SCHWIND AMARIS Laser, the fastest excimer laser available today for Laser Eye Surgery.

It is the only laser  to provide all features of  modern laser technology in one system. The sophisticated Schwind Amaris laser system offers the most advanced technology in the areas of pulse frequency, beam profile and 6 Dimensional eye tracking.

The Schwind Amaris is considered by independent experts to provides the highest standard among  lasers for refractive surgery. With maximum precision, minimum treatment time and trusted speed it is significantly faster, more precise and safer than ever before.

The laser beam of the SCHWIND AMARIS system sets itself apart through an unusually small diameter. The laser spots are only a fine 0.54 millimeters. Normal laser pulses are much larger. Additionally, the laser beam created by the SCHWIND AMARIS laser system ensures a high ablation accuracy, resulting in a smooth surface on the cornea.

In order to achieve the perfect combination of speed and precision, the SCHWIND AMARIS is equipped with two energy levels. This unique method of “Automatic Fluence Level Adjustment” has the advantage of significantly shortening the laser treatment, especially when higher refractive errors are corrected, without compromising on precision and safety. About 80 percent of the corneal ablation is performed with a high energy level, and for the remaining 20 percent, fine correction is performed with a low energy level.

Exact centering and constant positioning of the eye is of decisive importance in a successful laser treatment.The advantage of the 1050 Hz eye tracker of  the SCHWIND AMARIS is that the eye tracker monitors the position of the eye with 1050 measurements per second and thus provides unsurpassed precision in the positioning of each laser pulse.

The SCHWIND AMARIS is unique in incorporating both static and dynamic Advanced cyclotorsion control for the correction of eye rotations. As the  eye may rotate during laser treatment the laser adjusts for this during the laser treatment with dynamic cyclotorsion control and  places the ablation accordingly.

The German developed SCHWIND AMARIS  developed for LASIK allows the surgeon increased flexibility to treat short-sightedness, long-sightedness, astigmatism, presbyopia and  combinations of these conditions. Today, it is the benchmark against which other lasers are compared.  

Our SCHWIND AMARIS Laser

The Australian Institute of Eye Surgery offers affordable laser eye surgery (LASIK) and cataract surgery making the laser eye surgery cost accessible for all. For vision correction surgery or laser eye surgery Sydney and Newcastle, contact us for an assessment today.